The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political membership organization which:
- acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters Education Fund is a nonpartisan public policy educational organization which:
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process
- studies key community issues at all governmental levels in an unbiased manner
- enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
We believe in:
- respect for individuals
- the value of diversity
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities
- act with trust, integrity and professionalism
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.
The League of Women Voters of Beloit subscribes to the belief that diverse perspectives and inclusiveness are important and necessary for responsible and representative decision making. The Beloit LWV affirms this belief in diversity and pluralism through its values and practices.
The Beloit LWV is, therefore, committed to reflecting the diversity of Americans in its membership, board, and programs, which means that there shall be no barriers to participation in any activity of the Beloit LWV on the basis of race, national origin, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, economic status, political activity, or disability.